Tips for your best boudoir portraits. -
1. Groom - this one is a given. But sometimes we forget to do nails and pedicure. Like my nails are just nubs. But red nubs are prettier than naked nubs. Your hands are an important part of the composition. Even those new king of press on nails look good. Just make sure you bring extra glue. Shave or wax a day or two before.
2. Super Moisturize - When you shower in the morning just pat dry just a bit and then slather the baby oil. All over. It will absorb do not worry. You'll be smooth as a baby's butt - I couldn't resist. Or even better, coconut oil, better for you anyway. Just take it inside the shower so it melts a bit, when it gets cold it hardens.
3. Hair - Smooth. Unless you have curly natural hair then I touch it up here with a curling iron for definition. For everybody else, blow-dry smooth. Preferably do not use the flat iron if you want to add "victoria secret" waves.
4. Loose - Wear loose clothing for the shoot. It takes a bit of time for the skin to recover and a hell of a lot of retouching, better safe. You'll be able to wear your tight stuff here. Specially winter, remove socks as soon as you take off your boots.
5. Accessories - Do not forget your shoes. Clean the soles very well because they may end up in the picture. Any bling that is special. - A really awesome tip from some clients. Go get the shoes you love and can't walk in them and after the shoot return them. You are either standing on carpet here or lying down.
But whatever works for you and makes you feel confident.
NOTE: Makeup wise - it's ok to wear your normal makeup before you go out into the world. I would never go out without my mascara, primer, foundation, and blush. EVER.